Please click to download a printable (Letter Size) PDF of this Call for Papers.
Global Conference on Business, Hospitality and Tourism Research (GLOSEARCH 2018) will be held during October 2-5, 2018 at the Hoa Sen University campus in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
GLOSEARCH 2018 conference aims to bring together researchers, scientists, scholar and scholar students to exchange and share their experiences, new ideas, and research results about all aspects of business, hospitality, and tourism research and discuss the practical challenges encountered and the solutions adopted. English is the official language of the conference. We welcome paper submissions.
GLOSEARCH 2018 conference is organized by Hoa Sen University, Vietnam and Association of North America Higher Education International (ANAHEI) and sponsored by University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee, Florida, USA.
Topics of interest for submissions include, but are not limited to:
- Consumer Behavior
- Corporate Finance & Governance
- Creating Value in Delivering and Managing Services
- Education & Training
- Environmental Issues/Sustainability & Green Tourism
- Event/Conference/Convention Management
- Finance & Banking
- Food and Beverage Management
- Hospitality & Tourism/Smart Tourism
- Hotel & Lodging Management
- Human Resource Management
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- International Trade
- Law, Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Leisure Management
- Research Methods
- Service Management
- Social Science Studies
- Sports Management
- Strategy & Global Trends
- Technology/E-Business/Social Media
|Manuscript submissions deadline||July 31, 2018|
|Acceptance notification||On a rolling basis|
|Camera-ready copy submission deadline||August 20, 2018|
|Early bird registration deadline||July 30, 2018|
|Regular registration deadline||September 3, 2018|
|Conference dates||October 2-5, 2018|
*All documents should be written in only word document (.doc or .docx) formats.
- Abstract only* should be minimum 1,000 words (excluding reference list).
- Full paper* should be minimum 3,000 words (excluding reference list and acknowledgements and appendices if applicable)
- Roundtable discussions* should be minimum 1,000 words (excluding reference list).
- Symposium presentations* should be minimum 1,000 words (excluding reference list).
- Poster presentations* should be minimum 1,000 words (excluding reference list).
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION INCLUDING “NAME, UNIVERSITY, AFFILIATION, AND CONTACT ADRESS” IN THE “SUBMISSION” DOCUMENT AS THIS CONFERENCE USES DOUBLE BLIND PEER REVIEW PROCESS.
Conference Registration Fees:
|Type||Early Registration by July 30, 2018||Regular Registration by Sep. 3, 2018**|
|ANAHEI Members*||Non-ANAHEI Members||ANAHEI Members*||Non-ANAHEI Members|
*Please sign up to be ANAHEI member for free. After signed up, please log in and click on the conference registration menu, you will see a discount code. Please add this code while checking out!
**Registration will close on September 3, 2018 at 11.59PM EST.
***Registration fee difference between regular registration and Vietnamese delegates are sponsored by Hoa Sen University.
Conference Fee Include:
- Attendance at the conference
- Conference materials with final program, badge and proceedings
- Welcome Reception
- Gala & Awards Dinner
- After your submission is accepted, you are required to:
(1) send your abstract or completed full paper in a required conference format
(2) make your full payment first and register.
- At least one of the authors must register for the conference, otherwise, the paper or abstract will not be published in the conference proceedings.
- There will be no refunds on cancellations received after February 23, 2018. For cancellations please contact us.
Conference Session Formats:
Sessions will vary in a structure in order to provide a robust conference experience for presenters and participants. Presenters are asked to identify their preferred format in their proposal; however, proposal reviewers may suggest alternative formats and/or the combination of like topics for shared concurrent sessions.
1. Concurrent Presentations
Concurrent Presentations and Shared Concurrent Presentations are sessions that present research, theory, concepts, and practices. This track welcomes papers that are fully completed research papers for stand up presentations. Concurrent sessions are 20 minutes long and consist of either one presentation for the full 20 minutes, or in shared sessions, two presentations. Submissions are required to be either conceptually- or empirically-based. Conceptually-based papers seek to develop a fuller understanding of the education by building on existing knowledge. Empirically-based papers are original research to test or develop a theory or make a new contribution to the knowledge base of the field.
2. Poster Presentations
Poster Presentations provide an opportunity to present and discuss one main research theme, program, practice, or relevant topic in an informal setting, somewhat like an exhibit hall or information fair. The poster session submission includes: (1) significance of the study, (2) literature preview, (3) proposed methodology, and (4) implication/application for education. A good poster session centers on one main theme, presents useful information, and stimulates discussion. The recommended poster size is 36” tall x 48” wide. (90cm tall 120cm wide). Please click to download a black poster layout.
3. Roundtable Discussions
Roundtables create opportunities for small groups to engage in discussion about a particular educational topic. Generally, these sessions consist of 6-12 people and are held at large, round conference tables. The proposal must include a list of 2-3 clearly stated discussion questions to encourage participation among the audience. Please note that several roundtable discussions happen simultaneously in the same, large room, so formal presentations using slides and/or other support media are not possible.
4. Symposium Presentations
Symposium presentations are formal presentations on an educational topic. Typically conducted in presentation format, these are used generally to report interesting initial findings from a research project. Since these sessions are not blind-reviewed, they are not designed for complete research projects.
The papers will be published as a book (ISBN). In addition, we will have the following journals supporting the conference.
Global Conference on Business, Hospitality and Tourism Research (GLOSEARCH) is pleased to announce the following special issues and supporting journals. We encourage all GLOSEARCH authors to submit their articles to the journals of their choice. Please note the subject areas of the journals. Please note that all manuscripts that will be submitted to the journals below will go through double, blind review process. None of the articles presented in GLOSEARCH are guaranteed to be accepted to the journals below.
- Advances in Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research
- European Journal of International Management (SSCI)
- European Journal of Tourism Research (ESCI, Scopus)
- International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management (SSCI)
- International Journal of Emerging Markets information (SCOPUS, ESCI)
- Journal of China Tourism Research (ESCI, Scopus)
- Journal of Global Education and Research
- Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Education (ESCI, Scopus)
- Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Insights
- Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology (Scopus, ESCI) [Special Issue]
- Journal of International Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement [Special Issue]
- Journal of Transnational Management (Scopus)
- The Service Industries Journal (SSCI)
- Tourism and Hospitality Management Journal
- Tourism Review (Scopus, ESCI)